Does this look familiar?
Does this look familiar? Are you tired of fumbling through keys when trying to enter one of your apartments? Is it difficult to quickly access a key for a showing or contractor? Do you worry about the security of your building in regard to who has a key?
Manage A Property Now believes that a Master Key System may be the answer to your problems.
You may ask what is a Master Key System?
A master key system is a security system that uses a multi-tiered framework to grant different employees different levels of access to the business. In a master key system, the business owner gets a “Grand Master” key that opens every lock in the building. Employees, however, get keys that only open specific locks or allow access to specific parts of the building. These different tiers of “access privileges” can be fully customized, giving you complete control over your business’s security.
A master key system can be a comprehensive solution to your security and convenience needs.
Imagine the efficiency of having one key to access all of your properties, with the ability to create additional keys with varying security clearances. The benefits and conveniences to a master key system can be as follows:
- Convenience: As the business owner, you only need one key to open every door in the business.
- Cost-Effectiveness: When you have a master key system, we can simply re-key your old locks, preventing you from needing to invest in expensive new hardware on every unit turn.
- Security: You can design your system to give employees access to only the areas they need, enhancing the security of your business.
- Efficiency: Because your employees can access the areas they need, your security system won’t get in the way of their productivity.
- Control: When combined with a high-security lock, a master key system ensures no one will duplicate your key without your express permission.
Manage your rental property as a business no matter if you have one unit or a hundred.
Is your rental property not your main income source?
Do you treat your portfolio as a hobby?
Are you too busy to focus on your apartment's finances?
Here are some helpful tips to make sure your business is off to a professional start:
- First thing you need to conduct business in a state is to make sure you comply with state, and local laws. This compliance comes into play with documents, leases, applications and the way you treat every prospective tenant you meet. Making sure your business follows all necessary laws is a key way to maintain a positive reputation and avoid legal problems.
- Then you should develop a plan to protect yourself and your investment from accidents and liability claims. You should talk with your insurance provider to understand the insurance options to cover expenses if an unfortunate situation arises. You should also understand how requiring renters to have insurance can benefit your property.
- The next thing to remember is the best way to avoid problems is to keep your property in good condition at all times. If your property is up to code and in move-in ready condition your risk of problems will be mitigated. Good properties also attract good renters as a general rule.
- Always remember is your property is a financial business. Understanding your numbers is critical to the success of your rental business. You need to understand if you are in the business to generate cash flow each month or if you are trying to build equity in your property for the future. Either business plan can work but you need to understand what your financial goals are for your property before you can achieve them.
- Finally, start your free trial with Manage A Property Now. Our software will instantly turn your hobby into a business. Manage A Property Now provides all the tools you need to run your business successfully in one easy to use inexpensive platform.